This question has been flagged
3 Replies

The admin user can add new lines (for existing contracts/account) to his current timesheet. Other users (even wth manager access) receive the following:

ValidateError

Field(s) `account_id` failed against a constraint: You cannot create analytic line on view account.

Error details:

AccessError

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: account.analytic.line, Operation: read)

I verified the ACLs in settings for any "account.analytic.line" entry. I think the problem lies in the first line of the error message "You cannot create analytic line on view account.". How can I check (and reset) the status of the account?

I need to get our users to track their time against those accounts again.

This was working until yesterday, when I invoiced some of the timesheet lines to a customer. since then, the views (timesheet, journal entries, etc) of the analytic account and timesheet records seems to be filtered to only that customers, that we send the invoice to.

Please explain/help how to reset this filter/account state.

We run Odoo 8.

Discard
Best Answer

I don't know why you have this issue.

Please check the access rights and record rules of "account.analytic.line" object.

Go to "Settings / Technical / Database Structure / Models" and then search for account.analytic.line object, open the record and check the access rights.

If access rights seems correct, check the record rules "Settings / Technical / Security / Record Rules" and search for analytic line object and check the record rule. There should be only one rule which looks like this: ['|',('company_id','=',False),('company_id','child_of',[user.company_id.id])]

Let me know if there are another rules.

Sudhir Arya
ERP Harbor Consulting Services
Discard
Author

Hi Sudhir,

Thank you for your response. The model's security's access rights have all "read" boxes ticked.

The Record Rules have only the one rule you mentioned.

What else is there to check, please?

Cheers,

Stefan

can't get any object in record rule called analytic line

Best Answer

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your instructions. Like Stefan, I did the same, and still the error pops up.

Do you have any idea how to go about this?

Thanks a lot for your kind help,

Wouter

Discard