Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change "to" and "from" of outgoing emails?

By
Martin
on 6/18/13, 8:12 PM 1,129 views

Currently, emails to "support@mycompany.com" create new issues (or append to existing ones).

There are two problems however, when support staff replies to the client:

1. The "to" field is not Alice Client <alice@client.com>, but Followers of Issue <alice@client.com>, which is not so nice
  2. The "from" field is not Support Staff <support@mycompany.com>, but Bob Supporthero <bob@mycompany.com>, which makes it hard for Alice to answer to the issue tracker.

I'm sure, one can customize the behaviour, right? Thanks in advance!

Martin
On 6/24/13, 8:50 PM

I answer my own question:

With the solution to another problem http://help.openerp.com/question/21712/how-to-automatically-attach-a-file-to-all-outgoing-email/, given by Shaun Dawson, this is easy:

In a custom module, inheriting from mail.mail, I can set the recipient and the "reply-to" field easily.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/18/13, 8:12 PM
Seen: 1129 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM