This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to make an OpenERP-module which install my configuration. I'am able to add records to the database tables using XML-files in the datasection of __openererp___. However I want to change the "Your Company" record in the res_company table instead of add an new one to it. How can this be accomplisched using a XML-file ?

Hendrik

Discard
Best Answer

To update the record of company using the demo data you need to write a record in xml file like,

<record id="base.main_company" model="res.company">
    <field name="name">Your New Company</field>
    <field name="partner_id" ref="main_partner"/>
    <field name="rml_header1">Your New Company Tagline</field>
    <field name="currency_id" ref="base.EUR"/>
</record>

it will change the default company information while installing your customer module.

Discard

It seems that this technique does not work anymore in version 8.0. It seems that when you have a noupdate=1 in the module creating the data originally, it means "no update AND NO OVERRIDE".

@Trobz, Jean-Charles Drubay Did you find a way in v8 ? My question here: https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/help-1/question/how-to-override-your-company-data-through-a-custom-module-in-v8-87510

Author Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. Now the record in the table res_company get updated nicely.

Only the line <field name="partner_id" ref="main_partner"/> seems redundant. In my case it generates an error since the id "main_partner" was not defined in the XML-file. However the corresponding record in the res_partner table got updated without that line as well. So is there a real need for it ?

Hendrik

Discard

Well, he forgot: base.main_partner About if it's neccesary or not it depends on you, because your res.partner it's going to stay with Your Company if I'm not wrong. But you can try it

Author

I have done some testing. It went oke because I started with a fresh database with only one company record and one partner record. So the field partner_id in the company record already had the correct value since there was only one record to choose from anyway :-) So it will be definitely better to explicitly set it in the xml-file.