This question has been flagged
4 Replies

By default all the files/documents attached gets stored in database..

However I remember in Version 7 or so, there was an option to set Attachment location in System Parameter, such that all attached files/docs gets stored into the filestore folders. 

Now in Odoo 11, am unable to find the same option, is this feature has been changed or no longer available? Please advise

Discard
Author Best Answer

Found the solution,

Need to set 'attachment=True'  on the field, that way all the uploaded files irrespective of Object, goes to Attachment Object, which in turn stores into filestore (locally).

Discard

So, attachment=True stores data to file system? For me it didn't works. I need file to be saved to filestore locally and the path should be saved to db. Is there any option like that in odoo 10 & 11?

Best Answer

Hi,

Can you check in the following menu

Settings->Technical Settings->Database structure->Attachments

Hope it helps

Discard
Author

No am not asking the database storage location, am asking about redirecting or instruct the Odoo to store my files in External System rather than my database

Author

Like for instance, I add a file, instead of converting & getting saved to database (in attachment table) I would like to store it some folder (local-machine) -- that way my database doesn't become heavier over a period of usage.