This question has been flagged

I have been trying to inherit some fields in my custom module. One of the fields have property as "required=True" and I dont want that field in my model view. I have placed a button in my module to open the product.product form. the product.product form has a field "name" which is a required field and I dont want this field. When I try to click the button I get error .

Integrity Error The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set [object with reference: name - name]

Then I tried to set the default value for "name" field. No more error now but by doing this its creating records in the product.product table with this default value and its doing this everytime the button is clicked.

There seems to me some inheritance problem here because I tried to set the property of the field as "False" but that also didnot work. Hopes for suggestions and guidance so that I can able to fix this. Thanks

Discard