Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change the default port (8069) used by odoo server

By
George Rodopoulos
on 8/20/14, 10:59 AM 30,529 views

How can I change the native port of odoo server in order to make it listen to different port than 8069 ? (needed in order to run multiple server instances at the same time)

Here I'm NOT looking for solutions that forward/redirect/reroute traffic to port 8069 like these:

1. Reverse proxy through Apache or Nginx
  2. Port forwarding / port routing through e.g. iptables

Janeesh

--Janeesh--
| 4 3 4
Cochin, India
--Janeesh--

Odoo Developer

Janeesh
On 8/21/14, 1:15 AM

There is one more option. If you need to change port number permanently to another, then you can change it in config file,

In openerp/tools.config.py     

group.add_option("--xmlrpc-port", dest="xmlrpc_port", my_default=8069,
                         help="specify the TCP port for the XML-RPC protocol", type="int")

Change this 8069 to any port number you wish to use.

True that's one more option but I would avoid making any changes in odoo server code files. In order to be 'upgrade safe' I try to make any changes in server conf file or in custom modules. Thanks for the extra info though.

George Rodopoulos
on 8/21/14, 2:22 AM
George Rodopoulos
On 8/20/14, 11:01 AM

Let's say that we want to use the port 8070 instead of 8069

We can do this by setting the server option xmlrpc-port to xmlrpc_port = 8070

This can be done by starting the server manually with this option using something like this (paths may be different):

./openerp-server --config=/etc/odoo-server.conf --xmlrpc-port=8070

Or by adding in the config file (e.g. /etc/odoo-server.conf)

xmlrpc_port = 8070

There is one more option (added by Janeesh below) but it involves editing odoo server files, something I would avoid in order to keep any changes 'upgrade safe':

In openerp/tools.config.py     

group.add_option("--xmlrpc-port", dest="xmlrpc_port", my_default=8069,
                         help="specify the TCP port for the XML-RPC protocol", type="int")

Change this 8069 to any port number you wish to use.

do you know which method odoo uses in their saas offerings?

Stephen Mack
on 8/20/14, 1:17 PM

Can you please make your question a little more specific? You ask about the method they use to do what? To run multiple instances? If you ask about running multiple instances I can only assume (I don't really know for sure) that they use reverse proxy (probably using nginx).

George Rodopoulos
on 8/21/14, 2:14 AM

Thanks for the tip. I have noticed something strange though, when changing the port in the conf file everything loads fine but headers and footers are missing from reports - like when printing an invoice it's distorted with no header and footer. What would be the cause of this? Thanks.

om
on 8/21/14, 8:39 AM

I can't reproduce the problem that you report. I can normally print invoices to pdf and headers and footers show up without any problem. If you have a problem when you change the xmlrpc_port option which you don't have if you leave it as it is by default, probably this is a bug. If you want, please create a new question about your issue and post a link here with a comment.

George Rodopoulos
on 8/21/14, 8:52 AM

Thanks George, I opened a question here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/changing-xmlrpc-port-from-8069-to-8070-causes-report-issues-60767

om
on 8/21/14, 9:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/20/14, 10:59 AM
Seen: 30529 times
Last updated: 12/13/15, 4:44 AM