This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hello all,

When a user enter in his point of sale, he sees 4 catégories of products : AS, ES, DJC and PT.

How could i open a category by default?

User opens the point of sale and he is already in a category, without to click on it.

Idea?

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ok! Job done! Here is the solution.

1)Find your category ID you want when starting the point of sale. Here I want to open category AS, id 34.

2) In the file /home/odoo-test/odoo-test/addons/pos_lapagept/static/src/js/widgets_as.js, we replace only the Id 34. All the file is unchanged for the rest.

set_category : function(category){
            var db = this.pos.db;
            if(!category){

#this.category = db.get_category_by_id(db.root_category_id);
                this.category = db.get_category_by_id(34);
            }else{
                this.category = category;
            }

3) in the file /home/odoo-test/odoo-test/addons/pos_lapagept/lapagept_templates.xml, we have this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
    <data>
        <template id="assets_backend" name="point_of_sale assets" inherit_id="point_of_sale.assets_backend">
            <xpath expr="." position="inside">
                <script type="text/javascript" src="/pos_lapagept/static/src/js/widgets_as.js"></script>
            </xpath>
        </template>
    </data>
</openerp>

4) And now, the category AS open automaticaly when we start the point of sale. Great!

Just comment if it miss something. Thanks.

Discard

Is it possible to do the same just by using the developper mode (V8 Saas)? and how if possible

Author

Sorry, I don't know an other (better) way for the moment.

Best Answer

I found this module which filters the categories by POS

http://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/pos_product_category_filter/

Discard
Best Answer

I'm looking for the very same option. I Have 12 categories on my POS and all depends from the very first one. Do I need to edit the POS module?

Discard