Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change the default displayed category in point of sale?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 3/2/15, 9:55 AM 1,333 views

Hello all,

When a user enter in his point of sale, he sees 4 catégories of products : AS, ES, DJC and PT.

How could i open a category by default?

User opens the point of sale and he is already in a category, without to click on it.

Idea?

Thanks

Pascal Tremblay

--Pascal Tremblay--
| 5 2 7
Alma, Canada
--Pascal Tremblay--

Pascal Tremblay
On 3/12/15, 2:13 PM

Ok! Job done! Here is the solution.

1)Find your category ID you want when starting the point of sale. Here I want to open category AS, id 34.

2) In the file /home/odoo-test/odoo-test/addons/pos_lapagept/static/src/js/widgets_as.js, we replace only the Id 34. All the file is unchanged for the rest.

set_category : function(category){
            var db = this.pos.db;
            if(!category){

#this.category = db.get_category_by_id(db.root_category_id);
                this.category = db.get_category_by_id(34);
            }else{
                this.category = category;
            }

3) in the file /home/odoo-test/odoo-test/addons/pos_lapagept/lapagept_templates.xml, we have this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
    <data>
        <template id="assets_backend" name="point_of_sale assets" inherit_id="point_of_sale.assets_backend">
            <xpath expr="." position="inside">
                <script type="text/javascript" src="/pos_lapagept/static/src/js/widgets_as.js"></script>
            </xpath>
        </template>
    </data>
</openerp>

4) And now, the category AS open automaticaly when we start the point of sale. Great!

Just comment if it miss something. Thanks.

Is it possible to do the same just by using the developper mode (V8 Saas)? and how if possible

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 3/12/15, 2:28 PM

Sorry, I don't know an other (better) way for the moment.

Pascal Tremblay
on 3/12/15, 2:30 PM
FEDERICO LEONI
On 3/2/15, 2:11 PM

I'm looking for the very same option. I Have 12 categories on my POS and all depends from the very first one. Do I need to edit the POS module?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/2/15, 9:55 AM
Seen: 1333 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM