This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I want to change the subtotal rounding for invoices in the odoo 8 version in a way that the subtotal amount displays 3 digits after the decimal point. I add digits = (6,3) for the variable "price_subtotal" in the file sale.py and I add a new record in Settings->Database Structure -> Decimal Accuracy -> "Account" called with  3 digits  but nothing changes. The subtotal display in invoices always displays 2 digits after the decimal point instead of 3 where I find a problem with the rounding factor.Any help please ?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Odooers,

I think if you are dealing with Monetary fields, then you dont need any code change, only need to set proper

"Decimal Places" in currency settings.

Steps to change Subtotal fields (Monetary) decimal accuracy from 2 digit to 3 digits:

1. Activate Multi Currency from General Settings (Settings > General Settings > Accounting ('Invoicing' If Community)), Now activate Multi-Currencies from Currencies section.

2. Now go to Accounting ('Invoicing' If Community) > Configuration > Accounting > Currencies.

3. In currency form change value 0.010000 to 0.001000 in Rounding Factor field and save record.

I hope this will helpful.

--
Regards
Haresh Kansara
Odoo Application Engineer

Discard

Hi, Could you please let me know how we cwn reduce the value? i maen change it from 0.001000 to 0.010000.

Best Answer

Hi,

I think you can refer this answer given for the v10, hope the same will work for the v8 also: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/sale-order-total-amount-to-three-decimal-places-116978

Thanks

Discard
Author

My rounding factor of currency is already 0.001 but the sub-total and total amount display only 2 decimal places and i don't know why

Best Answer

Anyone figured how to work this out? Don't know why something so simple in Odoo seems impossible to do. Our team is getting quite frustrated with the tons of limitation that this platform have..

Discard

did you find any solution?