Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change openerp-server.conf in Windows 8?

By
Sansal Birbas
on 10/17/14, 9:24 AM 2,859 views

Hi All,

I recently installed latest Odoo 8 in my windows 8 environment. Not from source. With normal All in One installlation. For a task i need to modify conf file. But i could not make in no way. I tried to use administrator command prompt and clasiical notepad modify. But it doesnt work. I also changed file permissions to writable editable but again not works. Could you help me please with that?

Thanks in advance.

Billiard R Made
On 11/27/14, 2:22 AM

In Program Files (x86) make sure your Odoo 8.0-20140925-000205 folder is set to allow your currently loggon user the permission to read and write

Kelly Stuart
On 11/26/14, 1:46 PM

Hi Sansal. You'll need to run Notepad (or whatever editor you'd like) as Administrator. It's not quite the same as changing security permissions on the file, which you've already tried. The application itself needs the high privileges -- not the file. Find Notepad in your Start Menu, right-click it and choose "Run as administrator". Then open the file using the File menu, edit the file and save it. You'll then need to go into Local Services, find the odoo-server-8 service and restart it before your changes will take effect.

I hope this helps!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/17/14, 9:24 AM
Seen: 2859 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM