This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello!!

I want to change the listener 8069 of ODOO to 8070.

where can i find the file responsable of defining the listener please.

Is here any suggestion!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Drees,

There are quite some options for this. You can provide the --xmrpc-port parameter in your command or the -c /etc/yourconfigfile.conf or use Apache/NginX to redirect the port.
For example with xmlrpc_port:

./openerp-server --xmlrpc-port=8080

For example with the -c parameter:

./openerp-server -c /etc/yourOdooConfigFile.conf

The -c parameter will call the configuration file which needs to contain the Odoo port.So in the file you should have this:

xmlrpc_port = 8080

Another option is to change the Python code but I wouldn't advise this.
Under /openerp/tools/config.py you can provide the Odoo port. In the file is a line like this:

group.add_option("--xmlrpc-port", dest="xmlrpc_port", my_default=8069,

You can change this to the port you wish.

Yenthe

Discard
Author Best Answer

Find it easily :)

in the openerp_server.log

I have added xmlrpc-port=8070 option in my opener_server.conf and its working well.

Thanks.

Discard

@Drees check out my answer with all options. Of all the options you have this is probably the worst. This is not future/upgrade proof if you ever update your Odoo code. And its not clean since you're editing original source code files from Odoo.

Author

Sorry, but why did you put -1 to my answer and -1 to my question????

Author

Here is from wher i have got the answer: https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/help-1/question/how-to-change-the-default-port-8069-used-by-odoo-server-60679 and it functions very well so why ??

@Drees I didn't, somebody else did. To the person who downvotes this question and his answer: why? This was a valid question. @Drees I'll upvote it so it puts you at 0 again atleast. I can't do more.

Author

No, i have asked you because i have found an answer which wans upvoted 3 times. I am so sorry my friend

Author

pleased to talk to you @Yenth :)

Thanks Drees, great to hear! :) Hope this showed you some more insight about the xml-rpc port!