Odoo Help

How to change Favicon?

By
DNTQ
on 12/4/13, 10:34 PM 16,118 views

How to change Favicon?

You have to override the web module with your own module. You can add a line like

'data': [ 'views/website_templates.xml' ]

in your __openerp__.py.

Put your favicon at static/src/img/favicon.ico and add a template to views/website_templates:

<template id="MYSITE_layout" inherit_id="website.layout" name="MYSITE layout" priority="17">
<xpath expr="//head//link" position="after">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/MYSITE_web/static/src/img/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon"/>
</xpath>
</template>

Ivan Yelizariev
On 7/21/15, 10:22 AM

You can try my module web_debranding

It allows to configure favicon dynamically at Settings\System Parameters:

<template id="web_debranding.web_layout" inherit_id="web.layout">
<xpath expr="//title" position="replace"></xpath>
<xpath expr="//link[@rel='shortcut icon']" position="replace">
<t t-set="favicon" t-value="request.env['ir.config_parameter'].get_param('web_debranding.favicon_url', '').strip()"/>
<t t-if="favicon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" t-att-href="favicon" type="image/x-icon"/>
</t>
</xpath>
</template>

Macopedia Sp. z o.o
On 8/25/14, 6:28 AM

In V8 you can change favicon by modifying templates. See e.g. "website.layout" view

Could you explain your solution with one more sentence please? I found website.layout, but no reference to the used favicon. just put the reference there?

Tobias Frankl
on 2/27/15, 2:14 AM

IT Libertas

--IT Libertas--
| 4 3 7
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
--IT Libertas--

Visit us: itlibertas.com

IT Libertas is a team of developers and automation experts to help you to unlock Odoo ERP system's potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became a main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful implementations.

IT Libertas guarantees deadlines predictability and transparent pricing. We rely upon the best international practices and invest in local markets' study. That is why the company's services are in demand of European, Asian, American and African entrepreneurs.

We are open for cooperation and keep searching for new solutions to the end that IT Libertas clients go ahead of the curve, deal with less routine and generate more profit.

IT Libertas
On 3/24/16, 1:19 PM

You may do it through the interface with the help of this module: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/colors_customization/

Sayed Aziz Ahmed
On 3/8/16, 4:41 AM

you can also replace the favicon.ico by just tracing it and replacing the ico file with your ico file.

i tried this step and it worked.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Atlanta, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes
On 12/4/13, 11:37 PM

Try changing the source code:

/addons/web/controllers/main.py#L548

image description

I don't like to change any default modules. Is it possible to override main.py somehow?

Kasper Souren
on 8/13/14, 7:44 AM

Try this: https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/help-1/question/how-to-remove-manage-databases-2615

RDTRONIC, RDTRONIC
on 10/1/14, 1:31 AM

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 12/5/13, 4:25 PM

Or just drop yours here : addons/web/static/src/img

Regards

Thanks for you repky, but i don't want to change default module, i changed successfully using inherit JavaScript $('link[href="/web/static/src/img/favicon.ico"]').attr('href','/kderp_web/static/src/img/favicon.ico');     (function() {         var link = document.createElement('link');         link.type = 'image/x-icon';         link.rel = 'shortcut icon';         link.href = '/kderp_web/static/src/img/favicon.ico';         document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(link);     }());

DNTQ
on 12/5/13, 6:46 PM

Is it possible to somehow override stuff that's living in addons/web/static/src/img through a custom module?

Kasper Souren
on 8/13/14, 7:44 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/4/13, 10:34 PM
Seen: 16118 times
Last updated: 9/8/16, 7:58 AM