Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change downloaded filename of attachment?

By
Fransis L. Yoas
on 7/16/13, 1:01 AM 1,655 views

I add field of binary that can attach file in form.
The field work well until I download the attachment, the file name of the file is changed from the original into "project_issue_8.file" how can I change this name into the original?

any1 can help??

Fransis L. Yoas
on 7/18/13, 12:39 AM
Viktor Aditya
On 7/16/13, 5:59 AM

You can change the name via Knowledge >> Documents >> Documents >> Click on your document >> Change the name.

Can't do it automatically? My attachment didn't go to the Knowledge, it's just appear in the form.

Fransis L. Yoas
on 7/16/13, 6:43 AM

Any attachment that you add in the document will be automatically register in "Documents" menu in knowledge module. Have you ticked "Manage Document" in Knowledge settings.

UNTAR, Viktor Aditya
on 7/16/13, 6:46 AM

But can OpenERP do the rename automatically? Because in Knowledge Management, the name still same with the original file. But in my form (Project Issue) the name is not the same with my original file name.

Fransis L. Yoas
on 7/16/13, 6:54 AM

mine is still the same. have you try in another database or another file to attach?

UNTAR, Viktor Aditya
on 7/16/13, 6:58 AM

i have tried it with another file, but haven't in another database. Have you ever tried to put binary fields in another form than knowledge management and attach the file?

Fransis L. Yoas
on 7/16/13, 7:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/16/13, 1:01 AM
Seen: 1655 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM