This question has been flagged
7 Replies

This seems like it should be the simplest thing to do, but I can't find an option in any settings, nor any documentation about it.

I have products sold in units and we measure weight in pounds, but the default product weight is in kilograms.

How can I change it?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Travis, I see that your question seems to be not answered still.

There is a free module by Steersman Company that allows entering product weight and volume in units other than kg or cubic meters:

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/l10n_us_product_measurements_steersman/

This module is made for Odoo 10 Enterprise, and should work in Odoo 10 Community as well. We made it for our own needs - Odoo 10 Enterprise for e-commerce, and we are using it successfully.

Discard

Any plans to update this module to v11?

Best Answer

We have a new custom addon for uom conversion, If you needed please contact me.

Discard
Best Answer

I don't know if I got you right or not

but if you mean setting the defualt unit of measure for the products you create in the system, you should first set the multi units of measure for your inventory in setting.

And on your forms you can use the "SET DEFUALTS" in your DEVELOPER MODE MENU. you should set it for one product and set it as defualt in the mentioned menu

Discard
Best Answer

The only "default" UoM I know about in Odoo is "Units" which is assigned if you do not assign any other UoM. If you want to assign "lb(s)", just assign it. If you mean "Reference Unit", then you are right, the reference unit for weight in Odoo is kilogram, but the conversion rate is already defined in Odoo:

Discard
Author

I understand that Odoo will do the conversion when necessary, but the base Odoo weight unit is kg. If my employee enters the product weight (http://i.imgur.com/hcRTn90.png) in lbs, but Odoo treats it as kg (and converts it) then we have a big problem. I want all weights to be treated as pounds from the beginning. Is there not a master setting for this? Seems a very basic request.

You are not talking about UoM, but about packaging weights, that's something totally different and has nothing to do with sales, purchasing and stock keeping.

Author

Well, then is there some way to change the packaging weights globally?

To change product weight to pounds enter debug mode and go to settings->technical->system parameters and edit the product.weight_in_lbs value to = 1.

This is for v12 and I have not tested whether this calculated the correct weight (i.e. conversion to kg) in the background, but it does change kg to pd on the sales variant form.