Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change default Weight units from kilograms (kg) to pounds (lbs)?

By
Travis Waelbroeck
on 11/18/16, 2:15 AM 168 views

This seems like it should be the simplest thing to do, but I can't find an option in any settings, nor any documentation about it.

I have products sold in units and we measure weight in pounds, but the default product weight is in kilograms.

How can I change it?

Hilar AK

--Hilar AK--
| 4 1 7
Italy
--Hilar AK--

Hilar AK
On 11/19/16, 1:22 AM

We have a new custom addon for uom conversion, If you needed please contact me.

Khashayar Dadashzadeh
On 11/18/16, 7:25 AM

I don't know if I got you right or not

but if you mean setting the defualt unit of measure for the products you create in the system, you should first set the multi units of measure for your inventory in setting.

And on your forms you can use the "SET DEFUALTS" in your DEVELOPER MODE MENU. you should set it for one product and set it as defualt in the mentioned menu

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 11/18/16, 2:46 AM

The only "default" UoM I know about in Odoo is "Units" which is assigned if you do not assign any other UoM. If you want to assign "lb(s)", just assign it. If you mean "Reference Unit", then you are right, the reference unit for weight in Odoo is kilogram, but the conversion rate is already defined in Odoo:

I understand that Odoo will do the conversion when necessary, but the base Odoo weight unit is kg. If my employee enters the product weight (http://i.imgur.com/hcRTn90.png) in lbs, but Odoo treats it as kg (and converts it) then we have a big problem. I want all weights to be treated as pounds from the beginning. Is there not a master setting for this? Seems a very basic request.

Htm-Mbs, Travis Waelbroeck
on 11/18/16, 2:52 PM

You are not talking about UoM, but about packaging weights, that's something totally different and has nothing to do with sales, purchasing and stock keeping.

Ermin Trevisan
on 11/19/16, 5:29 AM

Well, then is there some way to change the packaging weights globally?

Htm-Mbs, Travis Waelbroeck
on 11/29/16, 3:49 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/18/16, 2:15 AM
Seen: 168 times
Last updated: 11/19/16, 1:22 AM