Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change default invoice line account? [Closed]

By
Damian Phang
on 2/5/14, 4:31 PM 1,863 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 02/07/2014 15:18:34

Currently the invoice line account is set to a wrong account, I cannot figure out how to change it. On OpenERP , set default is not working so it cannot be done that way either. Please help.

Damian Phang
On 2/6/14, 12:07 AM

I uploaded a list of quotation/sales order. For whatever reason whenever I create an invoice from this list it defaults to the wrong account although the product and product category is using the correct account. New invoices created from new quotation/sales order will use the right account, I'm not sure why is this happening

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 2/5/14, 6:06 PM

It is picked up from the value of Income Account set on the Product Category - or overridden by the value of Income Account set on the Product.

If you don't select a product, you can select the account.

Reposted as a comment instead of an answer: FROM Damian Phang: I uploaded a list of quotation/sales order. For whatever reason whenever I create an invoice from this list it defaults to the wrong account although the product and product category is using the correct account. New invoices created from new quotation/sales order will use the right account, I'm not sure why is this happening

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/6/14, 1:33 AM

Not sure. If you had included this extra information in your question, I would not have answered as I don't know why you would have this problem after importing.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/6/14, 1:33 AM

I found the problem. When importing the sales order line, the product id was not imported.

Damian Phang
on 2/7/14, 2:53 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/14, 4:31 PM
Seen: 1863 times
Last updated: 12/15/15, 2:27 AM