This question has been flagged

I created a purchase order with a supplier sprices that were relevant at that time. I received the items each piece of item having it's own serial number (Lot). I sold some of the items and I reported sold items to supplier and get an purchase invoice for them. But now supplier changed it's price for those items I haven't sold yet. How can I change the cost price of these unsold items I received earlier tohether with other items? I use real time costing with FIFO for those items.

Discard
Author

Any development with such a possibility? Anyone?

Author

Anything new on this subject?

Author

You're correct. The products are not mine until they're sold. But that's just my case. What about regular mistakes setting up purchase prices and correcting them before invoice comes in after receiving goods? The same thing. Guess I have to agree with supplier that it shouldn't lower their prices when I have registrered reception in Odoo with higher prices. :P

Normally the purchase order should not change whatsoever after confirming. You purchased the goods for said price, not something else. This is a historical piece of documentation which cannot be modified after confirming. The invoice that is then created is a different story entirely, because that will usually be created in draft and can therefore be changed and recalculated an infinite number of times before confirming. If somehow the PO and its invoice differ, you can check this in the payment among other places.

Author

And does invoice change cost price of received product? Can I create multiple purchase invoices based on purchase order lines (and choose how many of ordered products were invoiced and which serial numbers exactly? Think not.... but that's another one of my questions. I found that after I partially invoice based on purchase order then the order line will no longer be available next time I want to register invoice. Anyway ... please post your first comment as answer and I'll accept it as one :) ... will have to wait till Odoo stops developing nice-to-have features and focuses on useful features again :(

I partially agree with you. You might check out if there was already a module created for this purpose. Occasionally it does and in that case it might help you develop on that.

Best Answer

I don't think you can. I am not quite sure what type of construction this is, but I can imagine that the products in your warehouse are not in your possession, legally speaking? Otherwise, the supplier should not be able to modify your prices, right? ... That said, do you price lists for your sales? In this you should be able to modify the price from this point on, simply creating a new sale price list based on the purchase price of the product, modified by a factor of your liking.

Discard
Author

I'm unable to accept your answer... it's probably because you converted your comment as answer.

Author

.. or maybe it's because I use Safari :)