Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to change American dropdowns to British ones?

By
Machiko Lacey
on 10/22/13, 6:58 AM 619 views

Hi

I am new to Openerp. Would you tell me how I could change the values in the dropdown menu? We need to change "Zip" to "Postcode" and change the default values to British ones(city names etc I am a developer and if needed I could work on the code.

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 10/22/13, 1:34 PM

Go into settings and then 'Load a Translation'. Pick "English (UK)". I think you may be able to pick that translation by default. From there you can add in translation terms wherever you need. Would probably be the easiest way to get in the names you want without having to write actual code.

You can export the entire translation as a CSV file to edit also.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 10/22/13, 9:31 PM

Thanks for your comments. I have loaded a translation. I would like to know how to add translation terms to a form in Sales/ Leads.

Machiko Lacey
on 10/23/13, 6:07 AM

Have you loaded an OpenERP translation, or your own CSV ?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 10/29/13, 6:15 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/22/13, 6:58 AM
Seen: 619 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM