Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to carry forward opening entries in new database?

By
evon_dun
on 12/6/13, 8:20 AM 1,243 views

I want to close a fiscal year in one database and generate opening entries, then I want to carry forward opening balances for all the partners, taxes and products in a freshly created database. Please if anyone have a solution to it help me here. Its very urgent. The basic idea is to keep the data of each fiscal year separately.

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 12/9/13, 2:54 PM

There is no automated process, so the steps you will need to do in the new database are: - create the chart of accounts - suggest you export from instance 1 and import to instance 2 so ids etc the same - export and import products - export and import customers - create the opening journal entry - relatively straight forward apart from debtors/creditors assuming you want these at an invoice level. For these you will need to either journal in separately or create the invoices & then reverse the created GL entries

Frankly, the real answer is not to do this - i,e, why are you trying to do something that adds no business value. All the data is reportable by fiscal year so I can't see any benefit.

Anyway, good luck

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/6/13, 8:20 AM
Seen: 1243 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM