This question has been flagged
4 Replies

how to cancel the installation of a module  in odoo8 using terminal .

I've downloaded a module form a website it made some problems then I decided to delete it , so I just go to the folder that holds my modules and delete it when I tried to refresh the server it showed the same problem with all model and it didn't start up the server so , how can I undo what've done ..?

Discard

Hello. You need to go in setting, modules, Local modules and uninstall your module to remove all informations stored in database (fields, default value, xml_id, actions, view, ...).

Best Answer

Like Jeremy said, go to the "Settings", "Local modules" click on module you want to uninstall (if there is an error in module it maight be problem to uninstall or remove) so in this case log in to your server, remove  whole catalog with this module and restart server.

Back to the "Settings", "local modules" click on remaining icon and Delete

Should help

Discard
Best Answer

You should go the the installed modules menu and type your module name..May be "cancel uninstall" button occurs instead of the two button "Upgrade" and "uninstall" for you view.. If yes means,click the "cancel uninstall" button and put an -u all for your current database.After he -u all, go to the installed modules and type your module name. Go to the More menu and dleete the module.If the error occurs again also after these processes, the its better to create a new database

Discard
Author Best Answer

I meant using terminal 

Discard