Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to cancel the installation of a module

Afnan Mohammed
on 3/21/15, 2:04 AM 776 views

how to cancel the installation of a module  in odoo8 using terminal .

I've downloaded a module form a website it made some problems then I decided to delete it , so I just go to the folder that holds my modules and delete it when I tried to refresh the server it showed the same problem with all model and it didn't start up the server so , how can I undo what've done ..?

Hello. You need to go in setting, modules, Local modules and uninstall your module to remove all informations stored in database (fields, default value, xml_id, actions, view, ...).

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 3/21/15, 6:15 AM
Dr Obx
On 3/21/15, 6:21 AM

Like Jeremy said, go to the "Settings", "Local modules" click on module you want to uninstall (if there is an error in module it maight be problem to uninstall or remove) so in this case log in to your server, remove  whole catalog with this module and restart server.

Back to the "Settings", "local modules" click on remaining icon and Delete

Should help

| 5 3 8
Pondicherry, India
On 3/23/15, 2:59 AM

You should go the the installed modules menu and type your module name..May be "cancel uninstall" button occurs instead of the two button "Upgrade" and "uninstall" for you view.. If yes means,click the "cancel uninstall" button and put an -u all for your current database.After he -u all, go to the installed modules and type your module name. Go to the More menu and dleete the module.If the error occurs again also after these processes, the its better to create a new database

Afnan Mohammed
On 3/21/15, 7:20 AM

I meant using terminal 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/21/15, 2:04 AM
Seen: 776 times
Last updated: 5/5/15, 3:36 AM