Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to call another form through a button without saving parent form?

By
arsalan
on 8/6/14, 5:22 AM 563 views

I have been trying to call a form from my parent form. The form is being called nicely but when I return back to my parent form. It gets saved automatically. I want to remain the parent form in the edit mode because when I call button for child form, its in edit mode then how it gets saved ? i dont want to save this form and hit edit button again every time I go back from child form. My python code for calling the form is as follows:

def show(self,cr,uid,ids,context=None):
        for id in ids:
            deg_obj=self.pool.get('deg.form').browse(cr,uid,id)
            my_id=int(deg_obj.my_products)

print my_id
        return{
              'view_type': 'form',
              'view_mode': 'form',
              'res_model': 'product.product',
              'res_id':my_id,
              'context': context,
              'type': 'ir.actions.act_window',
              'nodestroy':True
              }

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/6/14, 5:22 AM
Seen: 563 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM