Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to calculate retention Tax, based on Total Tax

By
Santiago
on 3/10/13, 7:49 AM 3,826 views

Hello,

I'm just trying to figure it out how to calculate this Tax, not really sure how to do it, so please let me explain what we need with an example.

When we send an invoice it happens the following:

• Lets say we charge $100 to a customer for a service (subtotal)
  • Then we add the 12% Sales Tax, this will be $12
  • The Total to charge would be $112. (no issues until here)
  • But we have customers, that retain 10% of the tax. ($1.2)
  • If we add a "10% Retain Tax" to our taxes (as -0.10), it will calculate the 10% of the subtotal ($10), but we need it to calculate the 10% only of the invoice tax total ($1.2)!

How can we manage this?, I tried with the Tax Type: Python Code, where shows me to calculate as "result = price_unit * 0.10", but I'm not able to find the "tax_subtotal" code or correct formula. Based on the technical guide, I even tried with this:

result = (amount_total - price_subtotal_incl) * 0.10

No luck so far, any idea on how to do it?

Thanks!!

Santiago
On 3/11/13, 9:09 PM

Found the solution,

You have to create "Child Taxes", following my example I create this:

• TAX A with 12% of Sale Tax - This is the 12% (0.1200) of the Subtotal.
  • TAX A-1 (child of TAX A) with -10% (-0.1000) - This is -10% of Total Tax A.

This will calculate the 12% of Tax of the Subtotal and deduct 10% only from the Invoice Tax Total.

Solved !

For more reference, thanks to this old post, search in the old forum the following:

Multiple child tax issue - http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic17832.html

Hi Santiago. Just to underestand. You were trying to make a withholding on specific tax or on base amount + taxes ? Here in Colombia for example we have to make a withholding VAT of 15% over the input VAT. Just let me know if you have solved this type of withholding.

Yeison Xiques
on 1/30/14, 8:04 PM
gabrielcz
On 4/4/13, 12:05 PM

Perdona que consulte en español, pero me es mas familiar. Quizá puedas ayudarme, aqui en Argentina, tenemos un impuesto llamado "impuesto no gravado" el cual me gustaría poder definir YO un valor por cada factura.

Me explico mejor: Como puedo definir un impuesto en el que me pregunte el importe del mismo y lo sume a la factura? Ejemplo: Gasolina: 500 litros precio por litro: 4.63 total neto: 2315 IVA21: 486,15 impuesto no gravado: (QUE ME DEJE PONER UN VALOR, EJ: 100) TOTAL: (500x4.63) + IVA21 + impuesto no gravado

Quiero YO poder poner el valor del impuesto no gravado. Desde la definición de impuestos, puedo definir uno con valor FIJO, pero no funciona como yo quiero sino, que aplica ese valor FIJO siempre, o sea si pongo 10 en el valor, me suma 10, no me deja dinamicamente para cada factura ajustar este valor!

Perdona, pero me da la sensación de que si puedes ayudarme con esto, y vi que tu bandera habla español!!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/10/13, 7:49 AM
Seen: 3826 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM