This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi all,

I have a problem. I want to bring Configurations menuitem and all child item in Settings menuitem to my modules automatically. Image: i.stack.imgur.com/Ljfzu.jpg (sorry i cant post image)

Sorry for my bad English. Thank all

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If you want Configuration menu under Setting module of your module than you can do something like below:

<menuitem name="Settings" id="menu_settings" parent="parent_menu"/>
<menuitem id="base.menu_config" name="Configuration" parent="menu_settings" sequence="1"/>

base module should be in dependency of your custom module. You just need to rewrite the menuitem using same id by replacing the parent menu.

Hope this may help you.

Discard
Author

It's worked. Thanks a lot for your answer, but i still keep configuration menu in settings menu, can you help me again

Remove the provided code from your custom module. Then either modify the parent menu from UI (menu: Settings/Technical Settings/User Interface/Menu Items) by searching that specific menu. Or you can upgrade the base module(Settings/Modules/Installed modules).

Author

OK. Thank you very much!

Best Answer

you inherit 'res.config.settings' module from base and write a view and menu item under the settings menu. for example you can see the purchase module res_config.py an res_config_view.xml.

Discard