Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to block deliveryorder while invoice is not paid ?

By
Guillaume Dutey
on 12/17/13, 10:01 AM 1,464 views

I'd like to customize my sales' workflow like this.

1. sales order confirmation generates a delivery order (with status confirmed or assigned to ensure allocation of stock product is done) + invoice
  2. delivery stock movement is FORBIDEN while invoice is not paid
Guillaume Dutey
On 1/16/14, 10:20 AM

Dear all,

Thanks for your answers. The module "Block delivery before payment" solves my problem.

FYI : When activated, it adds a "Marked As Paid checkbox" (=false) in the Sales Order and another "Sales Order Blocked checkbox" (=true) in the related Delivery Order. While the "Marked As Paid checkbox" is not manually checked, the "Sales Order Blocked checkbox" stays at true and no delivery is allowed.

Regarding our need, we changed the code to have an automatic check action of the "Marked As Paid checkbox" after the payment of the invoice.

Bye

(Sorry ! No printscreen, my karma is to low at the moment)

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 12/17/13, 3:47 PM

Hello Guillame,

On the sale order form you can change the workflow according to your need by doing this.

-Go to other information tab and set the value of the field create invoice in before delivery

Good work

Reposted answer as comment: FROM Guillaume Dutey: Thanks benos20,

I already proposed this solution to my sales administrator. The problem with using this functionnality is that products will not be reserved until invoice will be paid. So during the "waiting for payment" period, products are still available and can also be sold to another customer...

That's the reason why I'd like to generate a delivery order >> to allocate products' quantities.

Then shipping of will be allowed when the invoice will be paid.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/18/13, 6:43 PM

In this case I suggest you keep my first proposal and add the following.

• To make the products unavailable for subsequent sales it will reorganize chaining your locations then
  • Use the internal movements to move the reserved goods by the current sale of the stock location to the location that you specify in your new organization of the warehouse locations.
Koffi KPONOUGLO
on 12/19/13, 2:23 PM

Ray : the name of this module "smells" good for me... (that's a French expression) => PlanA: I'll find a way to test it asap and hope it will match with the global need. In my opinion that would be better than create stock location rules like suggested by benos20 (planB) Thanks to both of you.

Guillaume Dutey
on 12/20/13, 5:55 AM
Guillaume Dutey
On 12/17/13, 5:59 PM

Thanks benos20,

I already proposed this solution to my sales administrator. The problem with using this functionnality is that products will not be reserved until invoice will be paid. So during the "waiting for payment" period, products are still available and can also be sold to another customer...

That's the reason why I'd like to generate a delivery order >> to allocate products' quantities.

Then shipping of will be allowed when the invoice will be paid.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/17/13, 10:01 AM
Seen: 1464 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM