This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I have the subscription module running, but what is the easiest way to get notified somehow that invoices are created?

For example when a draft invoice is created by the module I would like to receive an e-mail or something so that I can approve the invoice asap - I don't want to check the list of invoices every day..

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, as @Nehal said, you can achieve this by automated actions ...

here a simple way without any technical stuff ....

• first check that the Automated Action Rule module is installed, and you have a technical features on your access rights.
  • then from Setting->Technical->Automated Actions->Automated Actions
  • click create , enter any rule name e.g "Sending email when invoice created", then in the Related Document Module write "Invoice",
  • then under the Actions tab, click add in the Server actions to run, write any Action name, in the Object field choose "Invoice", Action Type: Email,
  • then write your email address in the Email Address field
  • then any subject and body, click save & close, then save.

I hope it'll help ...

Regards...

Discard
Author

Works like a charm thank you. What would be the best way to only send these e-mails if invoices are created by the subscription module? Because now I would receive an e-mail when I create an invoice myself too, right? Also, I just received an e-mail for all existing invoices :)

Yes, the answer just shows the simplest way and if it just like this, it'll not work properly... because it will be trigger for creation and modification. so for complex situation you need to write a python code to the action ... even so, you can make a simple workaround by add a key word like "recurring invoice" to the source document of the subscription which it'll be the invoice in the "Additional Information" field ,then in your automated action make a new "before update filter" and choose the model to be "Invoice" and make a domain like [('comment','=','recurring invoice')]. Thanks....

It works like a charm to me, but i need other feature: how can i send this mail to a group?

Best Answer

HI,

You can create an automated action and server actions for sending an email. For creating an automated action, this video and video may help you.

Discard
Best Answer

Have a look at this page: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/total_notify/

Discard