Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to backup database hosted on odoo.com ?

By
Nick Davies
on 2/17/15, 5:03 AM 949 views

Hi,

I want to backup my database hosted on odoo.com before I start trying out fabrication.  Where is backup and restore?

Thanks,

Nick

Fred Blauer
On 6/17/15, 6:43 PM

I had some initial problems backing up, but now it seems to work. Its kind of tricky. You have to be logged into the database, then go to account, then manage organizations, then it will let you backup to a zip file. 

TecDiSol
On 5/7/15, 1:50 PM

i backup 

Going to "My odoo.com Account" then click "Manage My Organizations", then "Backup"

Imre Van den berge
On 4/4/15, 4:37 PM

Hi Nick

I see that you already figured it out yourself... For those interested, follow the steps below or use our tutorial How to start using Odoo? for a more visual guide on how to backup your Odoo Enterprise database (steps 6, 7 and 8).

How to backup your online database?

Make sure you have an active Odoo Enterprise account. You can check this by navigating to your Odoo Enterprise Accounts dashboard at https://accounts.odoo.com/web.

1. Log in as an administrator to your Odoo Enterprise account

2. Click the dropdown button on top of the Odoo instance that you want to backup

3. Select Subscribe OpenERP Enterprise

4. Complete the registration form and confirm your subscription

5. Navigate back to your Odoo Enterprise Accounts dashboard 

6. Click the dropdown button and you'll now see an option entitled Download backup

Xavier NANEIX
On 3/3/15, 11:03 AM

Hi !

I've been using this "Download Backup" online till last week. This week, it doesn't appear anymore in the drop down menu.
Something changed ?

Thanks.

Nick Davies
On 2/17/15, 5:06 AM

Ok, I see on the odoo.com accounts page there is a tiny arrow in the upper right corner of the relevant database.  It's a drop down menu on which can be found, 'Download Backup'.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/17/15, 5:03 AM
Seen: 949 times
Last updated: 6/18/15, 11:34 AM