This question has been flagged
2 Replies

There seems to be a lot of randomness in how Odoo picks a database. I just want it to stick to one. I want to run an e-commerce website so there should be no access to any database manager. Moreover I have a working database that actually worked in a Chrome Incognito window, but not in my main window (after I imported a dump into `odoo8`).  Now it seems I can't select `odoo8` and Odoo is forcing me to "Create a New Database" for reasons beyond me.

How can I simply select a database that will be used all the time? And how can I make sure the database manager will not show up again on my setup?

Even when I start the server with `-d odoo8` it doesn't do what I expect it to do. It does what I expect it to do when I start it with `-d odoo8_doesnotexist`.

In the logs I see the server starts fine with stuff like `INFO odoo8 openerp` but then when I send a request it starts showing `INFO None werkzeug`.

Discard
Best Answer

please also check if the user ypu're running odoo with is an owner of the database.
you can check it with psql. just run "\list".

If the owner is wrong, you can change it by running:

ALTER DATABASE odoo8 OWNER TO openerp;

Discard
Best Answer

1. to remove list of databases from login screen add to server.conf file line:
list_db = False

2. to open desired db without selector enter in browser:

http://server_address:port/?db=db_name
note: this works for v7 databases.. not sure how to select desired db on v8

Discard

Will this work with Odoo Version 8? If not, how do you select the correct database to view when someone browses to your website? For, example, my database is called "MyCompany", and my website is www.mycompany.com. We are using Apache to be the front end and it correctly shows the website but only AFTER the first time the database is selected and a cookie is created on the clients system. Also, let's assume I want to create another database "MyOtherCompany" and have a URL of www.myothercompany.com. How do I make that work? In Odoo 8. Not 7, not 9. Thanks