Can the notifications be prevented from being sent as email?
At least at this point in time, unless something is explicitly sent as email, it should not be sent to the partners in particular. (we also have not activated the user portal at this time).
Thanks in advance!
I also had the same problem with email notifications to customers. Situation: I created a Quotation, then I Confirmed the sale. When confirming the sale, the customer was being sent an email to follow the document. And that was bad for us. I deactivated the Customer Portal and now it's alright, customers are not notified anylonger. For anyone new to Openerp 7.0, the path is: Settings/Configuration/General Settings - Portal Acces - then check or uncheck the "Activate the customer portal" button. You might give a second look to see whether the customer portal is activated or not. In my situation, I thought it might be something related to social networking or to followers, but it was a false trace. Anyway, activating the customer portal has its logic: they are for sure notified when the portal is active.
You can easily mass change "notification_email_send" for all existing customers this way :
- CSV export all your customers
- Change quickly the column "notification_email_send" (or add it if not in you csv) to "Never"
- remove all columns except "id" and "notification_email_send"
- Import you csv back to Openerp.
Then you can change the default value to prevent new customers being notified.
- Go to the customer form view
- Clic on top right on your name > "about openerp" > activate developer mode
- You will see a new dropdown just before the form title. Select "default values".
- Set your default value for notification. Choose "all users".
Note : I'm using Openerp V7 in french. Texts may be slightly differents. Hope this help.
About This Community
|Asked: 2/20/13, 9:31 AM|
|Seen: 14791 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/16, 5:59 AM|