This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I'd like to use the ecommerce module, but when testing it it appears that it doesn't consider stock availability. A customer can order any amount of items, the stock goes into negative. 

Is there a way to limit ecommerce sales to the actual stock of the product? 
Otherwise the whole module isn't usable for me. 

Discard

Hello Katja, have you been able to find a solution for the described issue? It's somewhat strange there seems to be no configuration which would allow to limit sales over through the eCommerce module to those products actually in stock. Maybe I'm missing something or simply got overwhelmed by the complexity of the stock management?! It should be a standard feature for an eCommerce platform to be able to show products as "Sold out" which are not in stock anymore...

Author

Hey CLudwig, I asked in several forums / communites and got nothing that helped me any further. The answer I found now is using a different shop system as the odoo ecommerce module is useless to me the way it is now. As you said, it should be a basic feature of an ecommerce system not to sell more than there is in stock.

Aww, what a bummer. I thought I finally found an ecommerce solution plus fully integrated accounting with Odoo. Actually there has to be a solution, because I see no sense in allowing customers to order more than I have in stock?! Well, at least not without any kind of feedback to the customer. I'm very surprised there are not more complaints regarding the way stock management and the ecommerce module work together, while it appears to be fairly standard to sell products you are not able to produce or order from suppliers yourself. May I ask what shop software you ended up using now? I guess you are mainly aiming at selling within Germany/Europe as well? - Chris

Odoo has told me via chat today that this is possible to configure, however it would normally be done by an Odoo consultant (either Odoo or partner of Odoo)

I agree this is an very important feature for any ecommerce solution. Let's hope It will be available very soon (from Odoo or a partner) as it's a real handicap for the moment.

Best Answer

You can try my module website_sale_stock_status

The module adds automatic ribbons:

• DISCONTINUED – stock is 0 and the status is End of Life or Obsolete.
  • BACKORDERED – stock is 0 and the status is Normal,

It also puts ribbons text at the product page and disables "Add to cart" feature if product is discontinued.

Repository: https://github.com/yelizariev/addons-yelizariev/tree/8.0/website_sale_stock_status

UPD

Another solution is module website_sale_available

It makes impossible to order more products that available in stock. 

Repository: https://github.com/yelizariev/addons-yelizariev/tree/8.0/website_sale_available 

Discard

Hi Ivan, Very useful module, but I have a question: what if the client inputs, let's say, 10.000 units and there's less than that? Regards.

Hi, my module doesn't handle the situation you described yet.

Thanks Ivan!

Manuel Pérez, I've updated my answer. You can try website_sale_available module.