Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to avoid moves when there is 0 quantity on the stock?

By
Rafael Reuber
on 1/26/14, 11:18 AM 773 views

I have zero quantity of Tables on stock Location A. I tried to move 10 table units from Location A to Location B, and for my surprise that's worked! If a have zero quantity, how could I move 10 units? It's kind of bug? There is some configuration to void this situation?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 1/26/14, 1:26 PM

There are cases when (due to actions being taken in the 'real world' and not being recorded in OpenERP) quantity of stock in the system doesn't match quantity of stock in the real world.

Because of this, OpenERP permits the user to move stock (and sell things) that it doesn't have a record of.

1) It would be very frustrating if someone saw 10 units in location A, moved them, and OpenERP refused to let them record the move (which actually happened in the real world.)

2) It would be a bad implementation if OpenERP refused to let someone sell something which actually existed in the real world, just because someone didn't process a picking yet.

While you can certainly modify the software to prevent this from happening, there are implications that you may not want - this is why it works this way out of the box.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/26/14, 11:18 AM
Seen: 773 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM