This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello all,

I have now my Odoo 10 enterprise running.

I'm testing de module import functionnality.

When I try to import this module :

http://lapagept.com/images/odoo/vtm2_products_custom.zip

I get this error :

Error while importing module 'vtm2_products_custom': ''

How could I find the problem with a so poor message??? Permissions on the server, bad code in the module, bad structure, etc. ????

How could I use this functionnality? It would be very very great for our team work here.

Thanks

EDIT #1

If I put this same module in our custom module folder, I update the list of module in Odoo apps. After, I install the module from there and it get installed WITHOUT to restart the server. Even if there is a new field created in PYthon in this module.

So, why can it get installed from the 'import module' fucntionnality of Odoo?

Discard

Did you check the log?

Author

This is a great answer! When I check the log, I see that one new view in this new module needs a new field also created in this module (in python).

So, how to import this module with the 'import module' functionnality if one view needs a new field created in the python of this new module? Could it be possible?

Author

Does it mean that 'import module' only works if there no changes in the python code? I'm sad about this.

Best Answer

How could I find the problem with a so poor message???

In odoo server log

Does it mean that 'import module' only works if there no changes in the python code?

Yes, it only works for xml files and static assests. See base_import_module description

Discard