This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello guys,

We are in multi-company setup on Odoo v8.

One company AAA use the point of sale. This company AAA doesn't need to manage inventory and stock. So, for the user of this company, I disabled the « Warehouse » permission (when I edit user).

Each time he creates a new order from his point of sale, 1 one more stock moves are created. We don't want these stock moves.

How to be sure that NONE stock moves will be created for any orders from this company?

Idea?

Thanks

UPDATE #1 (17 avril 2015)

• For sure, I could choose the type « service » for all the products of the company AAA. None stock moves will be created this way.

• But their products are not really services. Their products are, in reality,  stockable products.

• They don't want to use the stock module.

• They don't need to use the stock module.

MY NEW QUESTIONS

How to avoid any stock moves and any quants for any orders from the company AAA, even if their products are of the type « stockable products »??? How to cancel any using of the stock module for the company AAA?

Discard
Author

May be I could set their products to « consummable » rather than « stockable »... It is not the reality however...

Best Answer

You want the products to be services, not consumables. Consumables are still products that generate stock moves, the only difference is that there is no validation of stock levels before confirming a stock reservation of a consumable.

Discard
Author

thanks. I agree with you, but.... I update my question.

That's ok. It doesn't matter that the "services" are actually products. If what you really want to do is run a system with zero awareness of stock levels, the only way to accomplish this is to define all of your stockable products as services. That will achieve exactly what you're looking for.