This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hello,

I'm using Odoo.sh V12 since a few weeks so still learning a lot of stuff.

I believe our workflow is not that exceptional, but still I find it very hard to implement...

We have stock of some products, but most of them are not, so the quantity on hand will mostly be 0. When we have a new order of these products, it should generate a PO.

Currently, this is not working. In routes, I've put the buy route also active for our warehouse. 
If I'm correct, this will cause all products linked to this warehouse to have the buy route?

But this was still not causing the PO to be automatically generated. I did exactly the same for the "Made to Order" route, and this was generating the PO! But this is not the route that I need, as I said for some products we do have stock, and with this route it's not taking this into account...

After Googling, I can across this question: https://www.odoo.com/nl_NL/forum/help-1/question/auto-generating-a-purchase-order-when-a-product-with-quantity-0-is-ordered-92423

He seems to have the same problem, and the only solution I see there is to add a reordering rule for every product and set it to 0. As we have more than 3000 products, this will take a very long time.

I cannot believe there is not an easier way to allow PO's to be created for product on Buy route with 0 quantity?

Thanks,

Robbie

Discard

Hi Lars, thanks for your answer. 

Ok I get it, I can import the items that exist currently, but what to do for new products then? Cause we are adding new products every week to our webshop (there is a bridge between Prestashop and Odoo)...

I've seen there is something like "Automated Actions" and I've created one to trigger when a new product is created and put the reordering min and max quantity on 0, but doesn't seem to work?

Does your Automated Action create a reordering rule in the table stock.warehouse.orderpoint?

Hi Chris, thanks a lot for your answer.

Actually I was not using the right model, I was using product "minimum stock rules". Now I changed it to the correct one I believe:
https://gyazo.com/23f6097c53d2fe6682585c4519a00a5f

However, when creating a new product with this rule being active, it gives an error: 
https://gyazo.com/4fa4e85c6b280ddc88d9a68b0ae06610

I guess Odoo should know for which product_id the reorder rule should be created? But this is the ID of the new product that was just created, how do I add it in the rule? 

Also, we have product with and without variations. Is this rule working for both?

Hi Chris, I can't directly comment on your answer, because I don't have points enough apparently. But thanks so much for that, now it's working correctly! I will do another post with all the things I did, so that it's clear for other people looking to achieve the same.

Best Answer

Hi Robbie,

Odoo doesn't know the product, you have to tell it!  To do that you can add the following line to your automated action:

Field

Evaluation Type

Value

Product

stock.warehouse.orderpoint

Python expression

record.id

This works for variants because product.product contains all the variants (and also for products without variants because this table still has one record for them)

I have posted screenshots and more information here

Discard
Best Answer

You need to set Reordering rules for all products. They can be mass crested by import. 

Discard