Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to automatically attached a pdf with python (an attachment)

By
Coralie Cardon
on 3/31/15, 4:33 AM 950 views

Hello, 

When i press a button i would like the attachment is automatically attached with a product for example.

My attachment is on my computer :)

Can you help me ?

Thanks if you know the answer 

Coralie Cardon
On 3/31/15, 8:34 AM

in fact i download an attachment for put it and attached it with a product  

and i woould like to use the module "document management system" 

Tharcisse Mukundayi
On 3/31/15, 8:19 AM

Hello,

First of all, when you says "on my computer" does it means that your odoo is installed on the same computer too or on a different one?

If its on the same machine, then python has built-in functions to access files. check this thread for more info: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3362600/how-to-send-email-attachments-with-python .

If your odoo server is on a remote machine, you have to understand that all the core python codes are executed on the server and not on the client machine

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/31/15, 4:33 AM
Seen: 950 times
Last updated: 4/3/15, 3:01 AM