Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to automatically apply Paypal payments to invoices?

By
Frank Adler
on 9/3/14, 1:02 AM 2,058 views

Hi,

I am successfully receiving paypal payments for purchases done through eCommerce. The system registers the payment under settings - Payments - Payment Transactions with the status done. Further the actual payment record gets logged against the Sales Order (you can click on the relevant payment at the very bottom.)

I need Odoo to go a little further:

1. Don't mail out the sales order to a retail client
  2. Create and validate the invoice in Odoo (upon IPN received)
  3. Set the invoice to 'paid' against a chosen account
  4. Mail the invoice to the client with a status 'paid'

Since I am selling digital goods the manual registration of client payments is actually not an option. My clients will expect an instant delivery of goods after the payment.

How do I configure the above?

Thanks!

Does the IPN actually create a Payment Transaction record? In my testing, it only tries to match the IPN data with an existing record: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/what-is-the-intended-function-of-the-paypal-ipn-handler-67458

Matt Taylor
on 11/5/14, 11:55 PM
Tim Norton
On 2/12/15, 5:15 AM

Hi Frank,

A fellow Ozzie I see - Don't supose you are in Adelaide?
Did you work this issue out as I am going through a similar process but in my case it is just to eliminate several un-necessary clicks

Tim

Ivan Yelizariev
On 2/12/15, 8:12 AM

I've made module website_sale_autopay. It just emulates clicking buttons "create invoice" -> "Validate" -> "Register Payment" -> "Select paypal" -> "Pay"

https://github.com/yelizariev/addons-yelizariev/tree/8.0/website_sale_autopay 

Thanks Tim Norton for sponsoring =)

Is there a module doing the same for emailed quotation? I think website_sale_autopay is for the ecommerce sale. Wondering if the paypal button in the emailed quotations can do the same as website_sale_autopay.

P.V.Anthony
on 11/26/16, 2:55 PM
Ryan Cole
On 4/22/16, 6:44 AM

Has this been patched in Odoo v9?

Currently, Odoo sends my customers an email telling them to pay via the Portal - even after they've paid successfully via PayPal. I've had several very confused emails..

Payments are being received, but Odoo isn't updating the order. I know it's possible to manually invoice each order, but I'm at work most of the day and customers expect their payments to be correctly registered immediately.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

6 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/3/14, 1:02 AM
Seen: 2058 times
Last updated: 4/25/16, 9:28 PM