Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to auto-include background to reports, sent by e-mail? [Closed]

By
Beat Besmer
on 10/15/13, 3:13 AM 1,526 views

The Question has been closed for reason: duplicate question

by
Beat Besmer
on 03/17/2015 05:19:30

when printing a Invoice, i use preprinted paper with my CI (colored logo, wathermark) on it.

while sending the invoice by email, i'd like to have the opportunity to add a background-image with the preprinted elements, that the pdf looks the same way like the printed version (using OpenERP v7, local installation)

Is there an way to

1. add this automaticly to reports when i click on "send by email"?
    or do i have
  2. to copy/modify the report and add it as a second "print"-action?

Aborting this question. A more precise formulation task would be: "Automatic selection of the" same "layouts for print and mail", maybe i'll re-open a question ...

The invoice layout is used for printing and for sending via e-mail. In the e-mail version, however, the stationery should be added as a background. Of other ERP solutions I know the way make reports "intelligently" to so that they can be controlled by variables. If you can avoid it, I would not have to create two layouts, as they differ from one another only in trifles. Is there a way with OpenERP, make the reports "inteligent" too

Beat Besmer
on 10/29/13, 5:08 PM

yes, i've seen, i can add some conditions to an RML :) so it could be possible to use the same RML to generate a PDF-to-print with white background and use the same RML to generate a PDF-to-send with same background on the PDF. the only question left is, does openerp send the "this-will-be-an-email"-parameter to the RML-report, which i can use inside the report???

Beat Besmer
on 10/30/13, 6:03 PM
Beat Besmer
On 10/29/13, 5:06 PM

Aborting this question. A more precise formulation task would be: "Automatic selection of the" same "layouts for print and mail", maybe i'll re-open a question ...

The invoice layout is used for printing and for sending via e-mail. In the e-mail version, however, the stationery should be added as a background. Of other ERP solutions I know the way make reports "intelligently" to so that they can be controlled by variables. If you can avoid it, I would not have to create two layouts, as they differ from one another only in trifles. Is there a way with OpenERP, make the reports "inteligent" too, so they know whether you will be sent via e-mail and other items according to load?

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/15/13, 3:13 AM
Seen: 1526 times
Last updated: 3/17/15, 5:19 AM