Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to audit the quality of the data of Odoo databases?

michel Guénard
on 5/27/14, 1:33 PM 684 views

Just an example to illustrate my question:

I found stock journal entries which debit and credit were equal to zero!

I took me some research to find out that the cause relied on cost price of products which were not set; -which is unexpected and surprising because those article were received from  suppliers through a purchase order then a reception and finally a a supplier invoice where the purchasing cost was present. Still not solved this issue!

Numerous other erroneous situations can be generated by the ERP "engine" just because a value for a field is not set at the creation time; and this will remain unnoticed until you make a search.

Now the question: is there any third-party module available to audit all these data which are necessary for a module or an action to perform as expected?

The Odoo so called "audit module" is only a module which logs various users' actions; what we need is auditing user's "non-action".

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 5/28/14, 5:07 AM

Settings->Technical->Actions->Automated Actions or Settings->Technical->Actions->Scheduled Actions I suspect is what you are looking for. How to create the action you desire would require more research. Odoo/OpenERP is not fully comprehensive by default and is part of the reason why they encourage you to use a trained integrator. A little searching through the documents should give you what you want to create an automated action every day that pops up a screen and demands sane input values for product cost.

On 5/27/14, 1:42 PM

The simplest way is a note to the user via:

Did you set Settings->Configuration->Purchases:  Alerts by products or supplier

Then in your product: Edit -> Warnings Tab: Purchase Order Line -> Warning Message: Something like: Cost Price is Required

Something more complex would require a module I suspect.

Edit: Corrected to Purchase Order Line

Thanks Nigel, you made me discover these warnings options; I would like to understand their true efficiency. Do you have some operationnal examples to share? However I am convinced that companies need a whole set of dedicated tools to periodically audit the data, because a) large number of users means that some of them may make errors b) the daily operations are always prevailing on "back office" work, specially if there is no efficient tools to help find out what needs to be corrected. b) most of the functions combined into the Erp depend from each other to successfully achieve the business objectives.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 5/27/14, 5:58 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/27/14, 1:33 PM
Seen: 684 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM