Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to attach PDF automatically to emails sent?

By
my
on 2/7/13, 4:56 AM 3,219 views

Hello, when I add a quote, order, invoice, so I can have this view as a PDF or print. Unfortunately, I can do it but do not get this email as a PDF attachment. I would be very grateful if someone could explain to me how that works. However, I deal only recently with OpenERP.

Thank you.

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly. Do you want to send a copy of your invoice, quote order etc by e-mail? Please describe your problem in more details. Thanks.

Gilles Major (gim)
on 2/7/13, 5:05 AM

Hello Gilles Major, Yes, in principle, you understood me correctly. There are already mail templates in OpenERP for invoice, quotation, etc. available. If I want to use this so does not my mail delivery. If I in assists the entry for the option to print or documents should be hanging off taking walk

my
on 2/9/13, 9:38 AM

Hello Fabien, that would be nice. But unfortunately that does not work for me strangely. Why do not I do not know. if I have the 'standard templates' suppose that are created by OpenERP So Optional to print, and be appended report to me when I click send to email does not display the original,

my
on 2/11/13, 11:18 PM

even though it is selected at the bottom right. The text box, where's the template to appear blank. I then choose one out receptions and click send, I get an email though, but the text is: False

my
on 2/11/13, 11:18 PM

Hello Stephane, Unfortunately, I am familiar with Python not look so good. Could they be one probably in more detail? What should I do? With the settings in the mail templates I can not define the attachments. Did they consider it? What should I enter it?

my
on 2/11/13, 11:24 PM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/11/13, 10:14 AM

In version 7, it's done automatically for quotations, rfq and invoices. (in v6.1 too, but I am not sure)

When you click on the "Send Email" button, the PDF is attached to the proposed email. Nothing special to do for this feature.

Hello,Does this behavior change if you create a new sale_order.rml file? As a matter of fact, I tried with both standard templates (Sales Order - Send by eMail & Sales Order - Send by eMail (Portal)), and I don't get any attachments with the email. Thx Paulo

Paulo
on 4/1/13, 7:28 AM

Hello, How can i send my customized purchase order report as a PDF while click on "Send Email" button. I designed a new report for purchase order and i want to send that as a attachment. Kindly help me to achieve this..Thanks in advance

sengottuvel
on 9/11/13, 5:56 AM

The invoice, sale order and purchase order objects use the workflow engine.

So you can define a new activity (python code) with a call to the report engine and create your report and then send it via email to your customer/supplier/partner.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/7/13, 4:56 AM
Seen: 3219 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM