Help

how to attach generated report in attachment

Hey everybody

could you plz tell me, how to attach report in attachment when it is generated via button in OpenERP 6.1

PLz be sure , i don't want for V7

1 Comment
Discard
evon_dun
-

Hi! can anyone help me in writing a python expression for partner_ledger_webkit report? It has a many2many field partner_ids and i want to use the partner name as attachment prefix. I worked around a lot with so many expressions but i don't understand how to write for a many2many, please help its really very urgent.

2 Answers
Best Answer

Go to

Settings -> Customization -> Low Level Objects -> Actions -> Reports

Open the report you want attach. Go to Save As Attachment Prefix and set a string (a python expression is accepted too).

Now when you print a report it will be attached to the record.

image description

10 Comments
Discard

Thi is not an answer of my Q.............:(((

?? You want an automatica attachment when you generate a report. This is the way.

i appreciate your answer , but i want in code , i know we can do this via adding attachment=filename and attachment=True parameter in report action record in XML

My answer is based on information in your question. Extend your question with other information

i understand

Vikram
-

Is these working in OpenERP version 7?

evon_dun
-

Can you help me writing expression for a partner ledger webkit report

Francesco OpenCode
-

Please, open another post to receive help on this. If the answer is the correct one close this answer because it's 7 month old.

evon_dun
-

Hi! can anyone help me in writing a python expression for partner_ledger_webkit report? It has a many2many field partner_ids and i want to use the partner name as attachment prefix. I worked around a lot with so many expressions but i don't understand how to write for a many2many, please help its really very urgent.

evon_dun
-

I want to use partner's name from 'partner_ids' field which is a 'many2many' field in the 'partner.ledger.webkit' model, in the attachment prefix for the report 'Partner Ledger Report' example 'object.company_id.name.pdf'. Please help!

Best Answer

First you need to install document management addon. Then you just need to give your report an attachment value if it has none.

You can do that here:

settings/technical/actions/reports

search your report

add i.e.

'%s.pdf'%object.name

as attachment prefix.

Discard