Odoo Help

2 Answers
Michael Karrer Austria
2/9/14, 8:52 PM

In other Words File Management in OpenERP does NOT deserve the name "Management" it's only a very simple file store for object attachments - that's it.

I ripped halve of my hair out as i tried to "really" work with webdav - way to slow -

then i tried ftp - not working at all until i figured out that it will only work in a non multithreaded instance (workers=0) -

then i was thinking what is a File Management worth if you can't even use the Files in the Application itself - like as an attachment for E-Mails ... Come on OpenERP you should do better than that or stop talking about a file "management" system!

Tech Receptives India
7/4/13, 11:35 AM

at the moment, there is no way to refer to same attachment again and again due to limitation of current architecture.

Cheers,

Parthiv

1 Comment
fisher China
9/17/13, 11:50 PM

it is suggested that on top of current attachment model, create a new document model which can be referenced by other objects and have extra workflow backed status control mechanism

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
2 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now