Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to attach existing documents to a message or any other object?

By
Martin
on 7/4/13, 8:45 AM 1,854 views

When support hero answers to a client, they like to attach an existing document from the "knowledge" document store, e.g. a manual or data sheet. I see, however, only a "attach file" link, which allows to attach an external file. Is there a way to attach existing documents from the knowledge management?

(Btw. when sending file attachments, the attachments seem to be copied to the database again and again. If several customers have similar questions and ask for the same data sheet or manual, I don't want to fill up the database with these documents.)

The same question for other objects: When I attach a document to a task, a lead, or any other object, I might want to re-use a previously used document. How to do that?

Michael Karrer
On 2/9/14, 8:52 PM

In other Words File Management in OpenERP does NOT deserve the name "Management" it's only a very simple file store for object attachments - that's it.

I ripped halve of my hair out as i tried to "really" work with webdav - way to slow -

then i tried ftp - not working at all until i figured out that it will only work in a non multithreaded instance (workers=0) -

then i was thinking what is a File Management worth if you can't even use the Files in the Application itself - like as an attachment for E-Mails ... Come on OpenERP you should do better than that or stop talking about a file "management" system!

Tech Receptives
On 7/4/13, 11:35 AM

at the moment, there is no way to refer to same attachment again and again due to limitation of current architecture.

Cheers,

Parthiv

it is suggested that on top of current attachment model, create a new document model which can be referenced by other objects and have extra workflow backed status control mechanism

fisher
on 9/17/13, 11:50 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/4/13, 8:45 AM
Seen: 1854 times
Last updated: 10/29/15, 3:09 AM