This question has been flagged
2 Replies

My situation is similar to what was asked in this thread: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-add-product-with-return-able-case-3202 

However, what I want, in addition to what was asked, is when a Sales Order is created it should create two transfers automatically: an OUT Transfer(default behavior) will contain the kit(water + bottle) for delivery and an IN Transfer which will contain the empty bottle. How do I setup odoo to do this? Or if not possible, could you point me on what code should I modify to enable this kind of behavior?  Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

You just want to make a receipt of the empty bottle (component product and not the product being sold) .It may appear simple but there can be more use cases for example like deliveries can be partial, so can be the returns as well.You would require to read the code for handling of deliveries from a sales order and try to amend it for your requirements related to associated returns.

Thanks

Vishal

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Vishal, thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's what I'm currently doing as a workaround: creating a receipt manually for the empty bottle coming in. It does what I want in terms of tracking what's coming in from the customers but it does not associate the IN transfer to the Sales Order, even if setting the SO number to the Source Document of transfer. It does not create a link between SO and Transfer. 

Ultimately, there are two things I want to learn to do:

1. How to modify the SO's save so it creates two transfers(OUT & IN)

2. The Delivery button should display count "2" instead of "1", just like having the 2 Steps(Pick + Ship) enabled. 

One thing to add, as I did not mention in my question, is that I'm using Odoo 11 CE.

Discard

I have worked on one such requirement but it is different than your case. I was trying to get a receipt done before delivering product since the product will be made after I confirm the sale. It's different since the use case is not related, It's related because I am managing transfers. So from my experience it will need customisation.

Author

Actually, that makes more logical sense. Receipt is done first before SO as I understood correctly. My thinking was more of Receipt and Delivery all happen at once as this process is modeled directly from the paper trail we have. But yours is better. Could you share how you did yours? Guess... SO is created based on the Receipt? Thanks.

Hello Randall, you may contact me on vishalratani@gmail.com and we can catchup on this.