This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I have a situation that I create sales order with many lines. After approval sales order is invoiced periodically per month. Invoice contain only one line - generic one like "Consulting". What I want to achive is to specify which lines from Sales Order was paid by which Invoice. This information should be added manually, as there is no pattern on that, so someone who is creating invoice should decide which SO lines are covered by that invoice.

br

Dawid

Thanks for quick response.

Discard
Author

Hi Ludo, I know about this option, but this is not what I need. I need to cover situation when invoice has only one line (ie. consulting fee), but I would like to be able to map that one invoice line to few sales order lines. If I do Invoice based on order lines I need to specify which lines will show on invoice. Another topic is what if someone will create invoice manually (ie. accountant will add invoice to the system, but another person - sales manager will assign what was paid with that invoice - so invoice is not created from Sales Order but manually). thanks for helping.

Best Answer

Have you tried to invoice from the Sale Order?

It will open a wizard to ask you how you want to invoice. The selection is:

• Invoice whole order
  • Invoice percentage
  • Invoice fixed amount
  • Invoice based on order lines

Select the last option and you will be able to generate invoices from 1 or more sale order lines. That should also automatically provide the link back to the order.

Discard
Best Answer

Have you tried to invoice from the Sale Order?

It will open a wizard to ask you how you want to invoice. The selection is:

• Invoice whole order
  • Invoice percentage
  • Invoice fixed amount
  • Invoice based on order lines

Select the last option and you will be able to generate invoices from 1 or more sale order lines. That should also automatically provide the link back to the order.

Discard