Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to assign an ID or serial number to a property for property or real estate management module?

By
Kapil More
on 7/9/15, 2:35 AM 508 views

Hi,

I am working on module on Property Management or Real Estate Management. I want to assign a 'serial number' or an 'ID' to each property or each flat/block inside a particular building for the further reference.

I wish to assign an ID because for a property manager it is easy to identify a particular flat by its 'type' and can manage it to sell. Is it possible in Odoo8. If it is then how to do that?  Anyone please suggest me a solution or any suggestion if anyone already working on same module?.

you can use sequence number for each record. For example each sale order in sales has a unique identity like 'SO001','SO002'....

venugopal voraganti
on 7/9/15, 2:51 AM

Yes I know that but I want to assign it by default.

Kapil More
on 7/9/15, 8:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/9/15, 2:35 AM
Seen: 508 times
Last updated: 7/9/15, 8:26 AM