Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to apply web_analytics to get valid data?

on 1/29/14, 5:09 AM 1,675 views

I'm now testing web_analytics module, I know, from with this module, we can generate analytic report by login users/button usage/events...

However, I pasted the tracking code to web/static/src/xml/base.xml, installed web_analytics module, currently I can just gain the analysis on page view, I can know which database is running now and which pages are viewed now. I still don't know how to get more information from this module.

Could anyone help provide some suggestion? Thanks in advance!

How does it works ?. I've installed the module but I can't see where is the access to it.

on 2/28/14, 5:31 PM
On 3/6/14, 11:37 PM

I got the answer. We may not do configuration from web interface, there's no entry. But you can change the code in web_analytics module. Here's how: go to web_analytics/static/src/js/web_analytics.js , change the content. ($sudo nano web_analytics/static/src/js/web_analytics.js) find this paragraph:

init: function(webclient) {
          list item
          var self = this;
           self.initialized = $.Deferred();
           _gaq.push(['_setAccount', **'UA-xxxxxxxx-x**']);
           _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', '**.openerp.com**']);  // Allow    multi-domain
           self.initialize_custom(webclient).then(function()    {
               webclient.on('state_pushed', self,    self.on_state_pushed);

just change the account and domain name, then install web_analytics module in your database. you would find there're some tracking infor (like which page/screen is viewed. whick module is working...) then through google analytics.

Turkesh Patel (tpa)
On 3/10/14, 3:43 AM

you can set Google Analytics Key directly from

Settings > Configurations > Website Settings view

Hi, Turky, you mean after installing web_analytics ,you would find a new configuration page called Website Setting View under Setting/Configuration ? But I didn't find it, please help

on 3/10/14, 3:52 AM

you will need to install website module also.

Turkesh Patel (tpa)
on 3/10/14, 6:01 AM

Sorry I need to bother you again, Turky. Web_analytic module should apply with website module? but I didn't see 'website' in apps.openerp.com . Isn't it an default openerp app? where can I find website module? Thanks in advance.

on 3/10/14, 6:40 AM

ohhh.... if you are using 7.0 than you will not get it because this 'website' module is in trunk.

Turkesh Patel (tpa)
on 3/10/14, 7:37 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 1/29/14, 5:09 AM
Seen: 1675 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM