Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to alter the Trial Balance report? (account_balance.rml changes are not honored)?

Sherwin Amiran
on 3/26/13, 8:00 PM 2,236 views

I am trying to alter the Trial Balance report (the default report is rather ugly, the spacing is poor, and the page numbers overlap the data on pages 2+).

However, changes to account_balance.rml and account_balance.sxw are not honored in the /openerp/addons/account/report directory. Also, changes to the Account - Trial Balance report in the report design addon to OpenOffice are not honored.

It looks like the report is hard coded, but I'm not actually sure where to look to modify it.

Sherwin Amiran

Can you please tell me the name of the PDF file you get?

on 3/26/13, 8:08 PM

OpenERP 6.1. account.account.balance.pdf

Sherwin Amiran
on 3/26/13, 9:29 PM

| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

On 3/26/13, 9:48 PM
  • Go to Settings->Technical->Actions->Reports
  • Search for account.account.balance
  • Open the result and check the Report File value

It will probably be different than addons/account/report/account_balance.rml

If it is, then you can open that other RML file and edit it

I cannot check again this evening, but I checked when I was at the office, and the "Report File" value was empty. I attempted to add addons/account/report/account_balance.rml , and it did not seem to make a difference. Should I try to delete the Report (account.account.balance) and recreate it?

Sherwin Amiran
on 3/26/13, 9:53 PM

Is the server running on a Windows machine?

on 3/26/13, 9:56 PM

This is a linux server (Ubuntu 12.01, I think. The 12 series LTS).

Sherwin Amiran
on 3/26/13, 9:58 PM

When you are in the office, add addons/account/report/account_balance.rml, edit something in that file and see if it takes effect.

on 3/26/13, 10:01 PM

Karim, thank you, we found the problem. I previously had account/report/account_balance.rml , rather than addons/account/report/account_balance.rml . I don't know how the setting got changed, but the problem is solved.

Sherwin Amiran
on 3/30/13, 2:32 PM

That's more or less what I said in my answer :-) Glad you fixed it.

on 3/30/13, 5:31 PM
Billiard R Made
On 10/9/14, 10:10 AM

In Odoo 8 installed on Windows 8 I followed the following steps to edit a Trial Balance Report

• Go to Settings->Technical->Actions->Reports
  • Search for account.account.balance       (this did not bring results but searching for balance gave a me few results)
  • Open the result and check the Report File value      (there is no Report File)

How can I edit the Trial Balance ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/26/13, 8:00 PM
Seen: 2236 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM