Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to allow the use of the child_of operator for users ?

By
Anne-Sylvie Burri
on 9/25/13, 5:12 AM 2,011 views

Hi all,

My problem appear when I did a search on the partners using as filter criteria category of partner.

When I do this the filter work only on the category but not on the mothers categories. example:
Partner 1 is part of the category "Cat A / Cat B / Cat C"
Partner 2 is part of the category "Cat A"
If I made ​​a filter "category_id = Cat A" only partner 2 appear (same with the operator "contain").

To solve this problem I create a filter in the partner search view (xml) that use child_of operator. For example, if I create a filter "category_id child_of Cat A" my two partners emerge : that's what I want.

The disadvantage with this solution is that I should create filters for all categories ("category_id child_of Cat A", "category_id child_of Cat B", etc.) to allow users the ability to make multi-criteria searches . That is why I would like to use the operator "child_of" in my search panel.

Someone has an idea to solve this problem ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/13, 5:12 AM
Seen: 2011 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM