Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to allow payments using credit cards on sales order?

By
Evan Penalba
on 2/8/13, 11:03 AM 7,067 views

how can I add credit card to sales order to record take the information? or is there a module that does this?

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/9/13, 4:19 AM

In my knowledge, there is no module to attach a credit card to a sale order. But, there is a module to allow customers to pay your sale orders through a third party payment processor like paypal and ogone.

To activate paypal payments on your sale orders or invoices, go to Settings > Accounting. Just set your paypal account under your "Bank & Cash" section. You can configure other payment processing methods using the link "Configure payment acquiring methods".

The buttons to pay online are only available to portal users (you need to activate portal in the same menu). The process is the following. When you do a sale order or an invoice, the customer receive an email with the sale order or invoice. This emails contains the PDF of the order as well as a button to pay online or view the order online.

You can check the option "Show payment buttons to employees too" if you want to see the payment button on every sale order.

Here is how it looks like on the sale order (if the customer is connected through the portal, he does not sees all the menus and buttons):

image description

Just started new demo instance on http://openerp.com, and as far as I can see the mentioned "Bank & Cash" section is actually found on Settings > Invoicing. Otherwise, everything seams to be in order.

Elvin Kosova
on 2/9/13, 5:54 AM

Just updated my answer.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 2/9/13, 9:44 AM

hi can i refund to customer via paypal with same functionality in openerp 7.0

richa soni
on 10/9/13, 9:24 AM
Kerul Patel
On 2/9/13, 8:57 AM

I just follow as directed by Fabien and i get paypal working. But I want to integrate SagePay Form Payment Module which is like basic paypal integration. There is an option also to add payment processor.

But as it requires SuccessURL and FailureURL parameter to pass along with other details I get stuck. I checked in paypal but it is not there but it should be. But paypal is working fine.

You will find following code on #id=1&view_type=form&model=portal.payment.acquirer&action=166

(change to your IP)

% if object.company_id.paypal_account:
<form action="paypalurl" method="post" target="_blank">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"/>
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="${object.company_id.paypal_account}"/>
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="${object.company_id.name} ${kind.title()} ${reference}"/>
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="${amount}"/>
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="${currency.name}"/>
<input type="image" name="submit" src="logourl"/>
</form>
% endif

======================== So I think it is somewhere in python code for success and failure URL. or if not in python code what will be the success and failure URLs.

chidowsky
On 6/18/13, 5:33 PM

Can this feature be used to also pay with other methods like for example credit cards?? or it just works with specific type of payment methods??

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/8/13, 11:03 AM
Seen: 7067 times
Last updated: 8/4/16, 5:07 AM