Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to affect Inventory with only sales/Purchase invoice and no Delivery Note/Incoming shipment

By
Farook
on 2/21/13, 2:23 AM 2,459 views

Hi Friends, One of my client have a requirement. He wants his Inventory to be updated as and when he creates a Sales/Purchase Invoice. But he don't want to create any Delivery Note/Incoming shipment documents. I'm not sure how to do this in OpenERP as the inventory gets affected only when we create Delivery/Incoming Shipment documents. Can anybody please help me with this

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Developer

Mohammad Alhashash
On 2/21/13, 2:58 AM

I do not think this is possible with any official OpenERP module. But, it can be easily done using a custom module.

You need to inherit from account.invoice model to create and process a stock move (and create the stock valuation entry if you are using anglo_saxon module) upon invoice validation. You may override action_move_create() method to do the required actions before or after calling the parent method.

Hello Mohammad Ali, Thanks lot for your inputs. Do you know if there is any module already available for this purpose from the community?

Farook
on 2/21/13, 3:45 AM

I only found this launchpad blueprint. I suggest you recheck your process. Creating a delivery and invoice from SO could be just 2 mouse clicks.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 2/21/13, 4:20 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/21/13, 2:23 AM
Seen: 2459 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM