This question has been flagged
1 Reply

If we send a quotation or confirm a sales order, confirmation is send to the contact (mostly a purchaser) of the company, who send us the order or requests a quotation. The confirmation should be adressed to this contact. The quotation or sales order should be linked to the company. How to establish this?

More info: If we use the contact as "customer", the sales order / quotation is linked to this contact, not to the company anymore. I cannot use invoice or delivery address, because they can be different too.

Discard
Best Answer

Please read (at least) and (if possible) review the suggested changes and give your feedback.

'Incorrect handling of contact/companies for invoicing and related purposes' at

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1160365

Discard
Author

This would be solving the problem described above. All of the 5 points apply, especially #5. We have 2 remarks: (1) The commercial partner could be the first wit a valid TIN / VAT Number in the hierarchy (sometimes connected companies have (still) different VAT Numbers, thus are different companies. (2) Contacts should have first and last names by default, we have already installed the addon partner_firstname for this.

Author

I see also the status is "Fix Released", in which version this will be done? We are at server version 4949 and addons version 9044.

Author

Okè, I upgraded my testserver and created a new database. I can see the fix is included in the latest releases (server: 4958, addons: 9069). Sales done via contacts are shown also when viewing via the company. I (or the OpenERP partner who develops for us,) have to find out how firstname & lastname can be used. Found an issue, number of sales in the Kanban View does not reflect the total sales of the company (ie. it shows 'x Sales', however if you click on sales you will see x + y sales records, sales of the company + sales of the contacts)

Author

Secondly, firstname & lastname is not working anymore. This is necessary, because you cannot send a quotation / sales order adressed as "Att. Mr. Jones, Jan" etc.