Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add the `Synchronization` tab to the user's preferences?

By
Martin
on 4/13/13, 7:19 PM 1,372 views

I have been experimenting with the modules google_base_account and google_docs and see a dilemma between two potential security holes:

1. users must reveal their Google UID & PWD to the administrator so he/she can add them to their account.

OR

2. users need administrator privileges to edit their own Google UID & PWD in the Synchronization tab from Settings | Users

Is there a bug report about this? Is there a work around?

If I click on my user name in the top right corner I get my preferences option sheet. On it, I can then change my password or set language, timezone and email preferences. It seems like the correct place to set Google Synchronization credentials.

Is it possible to move/clon the Synchronization tab from Settings | Users to the user's own preferences option sheet?

How would I do it?

I'm experimenting this on the cloud odoo platform. I've add the module google_users and the module google drive integration but the interface doesn't display the tab Synchronization on the Settings -> Users -> User. What to do to displays it ? Are this features available on the Odoo cloud platform ?

Luc Van Vooren
on 9/2/14, 4:39 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/13/13, 7:19 PM
Seen: 1372 times
Last updated: 5/15/15, 12:04 AM