7 Answers

Naresh Soni (nch) India

--Naresh Soni (nch)--
--Naresh Soni (nch)--

Team Lead, Odoo(Formerly OpenERP) Support & OPW

Naresh Soni (nch) India
5/6/13, 11:13 AM

Hi Sreedath,

Adding a print button is nothing but is just like you add a normal button. Add a button to your view for eg:

<button name="%(REPORT ACTION ID)d" string="YOUR STRING" type="action" icon="gtk-print"/>

where REPORT ACTION ID is the id of your report that you have declared in the .xml file.

Thanks,

2 Comments
Sreedath Namangalam India
5/6/13, 11:23 AM

Thank you :) It worked. I have tried one more method, it also worked fine :)

brijesh savaliya India
11/30/13, 1:42 AM

Can we get a printout of DASHBOARD...?

Mhmd Fares Egypt
3/29/16, 5:25 AM

in your report there must be a report tag as follows.

<report id="profit_loss_report"  model="Account.checklist"  string="Check List"  name="module_name.report_document"  file="module_name.report_documentreport_type="qweb-pdf"/>

the report id is in the first line :"profit_loss_report" 

marc ramzy Egypt
12/17/13, 7:24 AM

hi i added the button but i do not know how to get report action id where i can find it ????

please help me in this..

thanks in advance

1 Comment
Naresh Soni (nch) India
1/7/14, 6:30 AM

Hi Marc, you will find the report action id from the xml you created for declaring your report.

Hayfa Tunisia
6/20/17, 7:29 AM

Hello,

I followed your method and I replaced the module_name with my module's name "Medical prescription". When I print a prescription an error message is displayed "External ID not found in the system: Medical Prescription.report_document"

Could you help me please

Ask a Question
Tags
Keep Informed
2 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now