Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add print button inside form view?

By
Sreedath Namangalam
on 5/6/13, 10:45 AM 8,918 views

Please help me to add print button inside form view instead of the one in header

Naresh Soni (nch)

--Naresh Soni (nch)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 2 4
India
--Naresh Soni (nch)--

Team Lead, Odoo(Formerly OpenERP) Support & OPW

Naresh Soni (nch)
On 5/6/13, 11:13 AM

Hi Sreedath,

Adding a print button is nothing but is just like you add a normal button. Add a button to your view for eg:

<button name="%(REPORT ACTION ID)d" string="YOUR STRING" type="action" icon="gtk-print"/>

where REPORT ACTION ID is the id of your report that you have declared in the .xml file.

Thanks,

Thank you :) It worked. I have tried one more method, it also worked fine :)

Sreedath Namangalam
on 5/6/13, 11:23 AM

Can we get a printout of DASHBOARD...?

brijesh savaliya
on 11/30/13, 1:42 AM
Mhmd Fares
On 3/29/16, 5:25 AM

in your report there must be a report tag as follows.

<report id="profit_loss_report"  model="Account.checklist"  string="Check List"  name="module_name.report_document"  file="module_name.report_documentreport_type="qweb-pdf"/>

the report id is in the first line :"profit_loss_report" 

marc ramzy
On 12/17/13, 7:24 AM

hi i added the button but i do not know how to get report action id where i can find it ????

please help me in this..

thanks in advance

Hi Marc, you will find the report action id from the xml you created for declaring your report.

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 1/7/14, 6:30 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/6/13, 10:45 AM
Seen: 8918 times
Last updated: 3/29/16, 5:25 AM