This question has been flagged
3 Replies

i have a model of product i will add 5000 unit of it and every unit have a different serial 

how to make this in inventory?

Discard
Best Answer

The best way to understand how to import ANY kind of data into Odoo is enter a few records and EXPORT first.  This way you get to examine the format of the export files.  You then just add your data to them, like templates.

If you haven't already, please review https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/general/base_import/import_faq.html and keep that documentation link handy as you perfect these processes.

Let's assume you have products called B101 and P101 in your system, like this:

Before you can import Inventory with Serial Numbers into Odoo, you need to do two things:

1. Import the Serial Numbers

a) create a Serial Number and export it so you can examine the format (you can delete it after you are done).

Note that you should export the Lot/Serial Number field and the Product field.  I've omitted the details of this - so you can go through the process of learning yourself. 

b) based on what you learn from that process, create a CSV file in this format to import serial numbers:

"name","product_id"
"654762543","B101"
"547625436","P101"

c) import this file:

d) review the results:

2. Create an Inventory Adjustment

a) add a single line so you can export that line and know what kind of import file you need to make (you can delete the line after you are done - but keep the adjustment).

b) based on what you learn from that process, create a CSV file in this format to import inventory with serial numbers:

"Inventory/ID","Product","Lot/Serial Number","Checked Quantity"
"1","B101","654762543","1"
"1","P101","547625436","1"

c) import this file (be sure to map the Inventory/ID field properly):

d) review the results:

Once you have VALIDATED the Adjustment, you have brought the Products in (one per line) with the Serial Numbers:

Discard

Here I am importing 2 products with 2 serial numbers, You would need 5,000 Serial Numbers imported, then 5,000 Inventory Adjustment Lines imported.

Best Answer

XML codes:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/d7f5a1b25e4c14af49cccd65ad3b6e0553a77faa/addons/l10n_in/data/res_country_state_data.xml

Discard